B. Tech stands for Bachelor of Technology. It is an undergraduate level program pursued by science stream students after class 12. The four-year program is offered by engineering colleges across India including IITs and NITs.
What are the different B Tech entrance exams in India?
1) National Level Engineering Entrance Exams
2) JEE Main
3) JEE Advanced
4) State Level Engineering Entrance Exams
5) West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination
6) Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination
7) Institute Specific Engineering Entrance Exams
8) Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test
9) VIT Engineering Entrance Examination
What are the different disciplines available of Engineering?
1) Chemical Engineering
2) Civil Engineering
3) Electrical Engineering
4) Mechanical Engineering
5) Aeronautical Engineering
6) Agricultural Engineering
7) Military Engineering
8) Petroleum Engineering
9) Computer Science Engineering
10) Mining Engineering
11) Leather Technology
12) Textile Engineering
13) Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
14) Marine Engineering
15) Automobile Engineering
16) Jute Technology etc
Top B.Tech Colleges in India:
The top ten B Tech colleges in India as per MHRD’s NIRF based ranking include
1) Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
2) Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
3) Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
4) Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
5) Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
6) Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
7) Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
8) Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar
9) Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar-Rupnagar
10) Indian Institute of Technology, Patna
Now the question is that after completing B Tech, what should be the better options for the candidates? Is it a job or further study and research? I am going to discuss every issue step by step
1) M Tech/M.E: After completing B Tech, the next step for the students is M. Tech or M.E. Engineering colleges in India also offer this program. If you want to get admission of M Tech in top grade institutes, then you have to qualify GATE test. GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
2) MBA: The most preferred study option for most of the engineering graduates after B Tech is an MBA to earn a management degree. To join MBA, course candidates have to appear CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, or other popular entrance exams.
What are the different career prospects after B Tech?
1) Campus Recruitment: All engineering colleges have a dedicated placement cell which works towards the placement of engineering graduates. Primarily placement cell is responsible for giving entry-level job after completing the course
2) PSU Job: After B Tech students can take up the post in PSU through the GATE exam. The GATE score is mandatory for getting a job in most of the PSU.
3) Engineering Services Exam: Engineering Services Exam is a national level screening test conducted by the UPSC. The exam is the right choice for engineering students who are seeking a job in Defence, Railway, PWD, etc.
4) Corporate Sector: The students who do not get a chance in campus recruitment or do not want to go, they can choose off-campus recruitment drive after completing B Tech. In this stage, students can also take the employability tests such as AMCAT and eLitmus to prove their technical knowledge and skills.