Fashion Design is the applied art which is devoted to the designing of clothing and lifestyle accessories. Fashion designing is one of the most lucrative, appealing, glamorous, and exciting career options in today’s world. However, it is also a demanding career as fashion designers need to combine their creativity with managerial skills to sustain in this industry.
What are the qualifications required for Fashion Designing?
There are two types of qualifications required. They are natural and acquired
1) Natural: You have to an excellent taste and sense of trends and fashion. An eye for detail, knowledge of fabrics and so on as a fashion designer
2) Acquired: You can enroll for either a full-time course or a part-time certificate course. Students usually take this course after their 10+2 level. It is not that; you cannot do this course after graduation or post-graduation.
What would it cost me in Fashion Designing?
The fee structure varies from institution to institution. On average you will have to dish out more than Rs 45,000 per annum to complete a course in Fashion Designing from a reputed institution
What should be your Salary package from Fashion Designing?
The starting monthly package can be around Rs 10,000 to Rs 15,000. With your experience, you should gain a salary of Rs 30,000 to Rs 40,000 per month.
Different Roles and Different Names:
As a professional fashion designer, you can work in areas like designer wear production, fashion marketing, planning, and concept management. There is fashion media, design production management, fashion accessory design, quality control, and promotion of brands.
You can also work as a designated costume designer, fashion consultant, personal stylist, technical designer, graphic designer, fashion coordinator
Other roles include fabric buyer, fabric quality control manager, showroom sales representative, cutting assistant, and outside sales representative.
What are the top companies recruit Fashion Designer?
1) Fashion houses run by top fashion designers such as Abu Jani, JJ Valaya, Manish Malhotra, Neeta Lulla, Rina Dhaka, Ritu Beri, Ritu Kumar, Rohit Bal, and so on
2) Top-notch garment and textile export houses
3) Textile and fabric manufacturing units
4) Exclusive and branded fashion showrooms