Dinabandhu Andrews College – Admission, Merit List 2021: Dinabandhu Andrews College (abbreviated DAC) is a Government Sponsored college, situated in Garia, 24 Parganas (a district in the Indian state of West Bengal). The college was established in the year 1956. It is affiliated with the University of Calcutta. At present, DAC college provides various UG and PG programs under Arts, Science, and Commerce departments at the General and Advanced level and official websites dacollege.org and daccms.com.
Eligibility Criteria for Dinabandhu Andrews College Admission 2021
Educational Qualification: The students to be admitted and onwards in B.A./B.Sc. (Hons./General) shall follow Semesterise Choice Based Credit System. Under the system, every student will have to take six Semester Examinations spanning a period of five years. While a student pursuing an Honours course of study shall have to clear 26 papers of 100 marks each, students pursuing a General course of study shall clear 24 papers of 100 marks each. The semester’s Choice Based Credit System is already in practice for B.Com. (Hons./General) courses of study. Those who passed the 10+2 examination or its equivalent examination are eligible to seek admission to 1st year B.A./B.Sc./B.Com [General (Pass)/ Honours (Advance)/ Major] courses provided he/she has also passed in English having full marks not less than 100.
1. For General Courses– Passed 10+2 level examination of recognized Board/Council AND also passed in English having full marks not less than 100.
2. For Honours Courses– For candidates belonging to General Category. Passed in English having full marks not less than 100. Obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate (average marks of best four subjects excluding Environmental Studies/Education if it is compulsory subject) AND at least 45% marks in the subject or related subject at the 10+2 level. or, Obtained at least 55% marks in the subject or related subject. or, Obtained 50% marks in aggregate (average marks of best four subjects excluding Environmental Studies/ Education if it is a compulsory subject) in case the candidate has not studied the subject in his/her previous qualifying examination (10+2 level Exam) provided all other criteria are fulfilled.
3. For candidates belonging to Reserved Categories– Passed in English having full marks not less than 100. Obtained at least 40% marks in aggregate (average marks of best four subjects excluding Environmental Studies/ Education if it is a compulsory subject). At least 40% marks in the subject or related subject at the 10+2 level.
Reservation of Seats: Reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC(A)/OBC(B)/PwD applicants will be as per Government rules now in force.
Dinabandhu Andrews College Admission Fees: Application fees amounting to Rs.150.00 + Bank Charge Per Course/Stream.
Dinabandhu Andrews College Online Admission 2021
Name of The College: Dinabandhu Andrews College
Affiliated to: University of Calcutta
College Website: http://www.dacollege.org and http://www.daccms.com
Departments: Arts Stream, Science Stream, and Commerce Stream
Courses of: Honours & General
Level of Courses: Undergraduate Level and Post Graduate Level
Application Mode: Online
Courses Available in the college :
1. B.A. Honors– Bengali, English, History, Political Science, Philosophy, Sanskrit.
2. B.Sc. Honors– Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Electronics, Geography, Economics, Zoology, Botany, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Sericulture.
3. B.Com. Honors– Accounting and Finance.
How to Apply for Dinabandhu Andrews College Admission 2021
Eligible students can apply online through the official website http://www.dacollege.org and other admission websites daccms.com.
Students are required to bring the following documents :
1. A good quality printout of the online Application Form’ in original.
2. Age proof certificate (Admit Card/Mark Sheet of Secondary/equivalent examination/Birth Certificate issued by Corporation/Municipality) in original along with two self-attested photocopies.
3. Caste Certificate [for SC/ST/OBC(A)/OBC(B)] in original along with two self-attested photocopies.
4. PWD (Person with disability) candidates are to bring requisite certificate in original along with two self-attested photocopies.
5. Mark Sheet of H.S. (10+2 level) in original along with two self-attested photocopies.
6. Any document of Secondary/ Higher Secondary Examination containing Father’s name in original along with two self-attested photocopies.
Address: 54, Raja S C Mallick Road Baishnabghata, 24 Parganas (South), Kolkata, West Bengal, 700 084
Important Links Details:
Disclaimer: Students should carefully read the Admission Notice for detailed information, regarding Educational Qualification, Departments, Courses, and how to apply for Dinabandhu Andrews College – Admission, Merit List 2021.
Dinabandhu Andrews College About Us:-
Dinabandhu Andrews College (Govt. Sponsored) is located in Garia, South 24 Parganas and it is affiliated to the University of Calcutta.
This Co-educational college has nearly 5000 students and offers Courses in 15 subjects in Science, Arts and Commerce stream along with General courses. Not only UG courses, this college also offers post graduation in subjects like Electronics and Zoology.