Government of Tamilnadu launched a scheme of Incentive for Rural MBC/DNC Girl Students which is implemented for the betterment of rural women. It is one of the incentive to empower rural women by promoting education among them. The scheme is mainly for backward categories where the major population is either destitute or severe family issues with facing caste discrimination.
What are the benefits of Incentive for Rural MBC/DNC Girl Student?
1) The scheme provides an incentive of Rs 500 per year for a girl who is in class 3 to class 5 standards
2) The scheme provides an incentive of Rs 1000 per year who are in class 6 standards
3) Girls whose mother is a widow/abandoned/extremely poor are given special preferences
What is the eligibility for Incentive for Rural MBC/DNC Girl Student?
1) Candidate must be in BC/MBC/DNC category
2) Her parental income must not cross Rs 25,000 per year
3) Candidate must be a resident of Tamilnadu
4) The mother of each girl student must have an account in Post Office Saving Account
What is the list of documents required for Incentive for Rural MBC/DNC Girl Students?
1) Complete application form
2) Caste Certificate
3) Address proof (like Aadhaar card, Electricity bill, Gas connection receipt, Water supply bill or Voter Id)
4) Post Office Saving Account Details
5) Educational qualification mark sheets
6) Parental Income certificate
Where from a candidate gets the application form?
Application forms are available at school itself. Every village has govt schools where the student may apply to avail the incentive
Whom to contact and where to contact for more information about the scheme?
1) Indian Post Office
3) Anganwadi Centers
4) Gram Parishad