The Ministry of Human Resource Development in collaboration with the UGC provides the scholarship ‘Ishan Uday’ for North Eastern Region. This scholarship offers higher education among economically weaker sections.
What are the benefits students can get under the Ishan Uday scholarship?
1) Those students who are selected for getting this scholarship can avail Rs 5,400 per month to pursue General course. If they are from any professional/Technical course, then they get Rs 7,800 per month.
2) All benefits are transferred through DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) mode
What are the eligibility criteria needed to get an IU scholarship?
1) Only undergraduate students can apply for the scholarship
2) An applicant should be domicile in the North Eastern Region. They should have completed class 12 from any recognized school/college/university in the North Eastern Region.
3) An applicant should have taken admission in any Professional, General or the technical course in the UGC approved college/institution
4) The annual family income should not exceed Rs 4.5 lakhs
How to Apply for getting IU scholarship?
1) Visit and look for Ishan Uday scholarship scheme
2) The scholarship scheme will be visible only if you visit the website
3) Fill out the correct details and submit
What is the selection process for applying for IU scholarship?
1) UGC per year will give more than 10,000 students this scholarship
2) If in any year the award will be provided based on performance in class 12
What are the documents needed to get an IU scholarship?
1) You must require Income certificate
2) You should have Residential proof
3) For renewals, the annual progress report and continuation of studies will be needed to be uploaded/ verified by the concerned University/ Institution/ College.