National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) is a National level Examination conducted by NCERT to provide scholarship for secondary school level to identify and recognize students with high intellect and skills.
How much is to be provided for different level students?
1) Rs 1250 per month is provided for class 11 and 12
2) Rs 2000 per month is provided for undergraduate and Postgraduate
3) The scholarship amount is fixed for Ph.D. candidates under the UGC norms
What are the eligibility criteria for two different stages?
For Stage 1:
1) Candidates must be an Indian
2) The students of class 10 can also apply for this stage
3) You have to score a minimum of 60% marks in class 9
4) Candidates must study in a recognized school in their respective state or union territory
5) Those who are in the ODL program will also be considered eligible
For stage 2:
1) Candidates will need 80% marks or above in the State level exam
2) Every student who secures the minimum marks in Stage 2 will be eligible for the program
How to fill up NTSE Form for getting the scholarship?
For Indian Students:
1) Candidates must download the application form from the official NCERT website
2) After fulfilling all the fields, the applicant gets the sort by the principal
3) Then the application form must be submitted to the Officer before the last date
For Abroad Students:
1) Those students can directly apply for Stage 2 of the NTSE exam
2) The application form will be downloaded from the website
3) The duly filled application must be sent with a photocopy of the mark sheet of the previous exam to the following address:
Head, Educational Survey Division,
National Council of Educational Research and Training,
Sri Aurobindo Marg,
New Delhi 110016.