Scheme for Financial Assistance to Sportspersons in Odisha is a skill development program that aims to enhance the employability of sportspersons who are willing to take up sports coaching as a career option. Under this scheme, the government of Odisha will provide the financial support to sportspersons who pursue coaching courses at the Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports (NSNIS), Patiala, a significant center of the Sports Authority of India (SAI)
Who is offered this scholarship?
The scholarship is provided by the Sports & Youth Services Department, Government of Odisha
Who can apply for this scholarship?
1) An applicant must be a sportsperson
2) You must be the domicile of Odisha state
3) The candidate must represent the districts of Odisha, State, and its Universities in Sports & Games
4) An applicant must be eligible to pursue the Academics courses as laid down by SAI
What are the benefits provided under this scholarship?
For BPL category sportspersons:
1) 100% course fee
2) Rs 10,000 for traveling and other expenses during Diploma and long term courses
3) Rs 5,000 for traveling and other expenses during six-week certificate courses
For non-BPL category sportspersons:
1) 75% course fee
2) Rs 5,000 for traveling and other expenses during Diploma and long term courses
3) Rs 2,500 for traveling and other expenses during six-week certificate courses
What is the list of documents required for this scholarship?
1) Two passport size photographs
2) A Demand Draft of Rs 500 in favor of respective Regional Head of SAI Centre
3) Affidavit by Parent/Guardian
4) NOC certificate by the employer
5) Sponsor certificate
6) Self-attested xerox copies of the documents of academic qualifications
7) Self-attested xerox copies of the papers of sports achievements
Where from you collect information for any query about this scholarship?
Sports & Youth Services Department,
Government of Odisha
C/1, Nayapalli, Bhubaneswar, OdishaPhone: 0674-2390268