Social Welfare Department offers a scheme of Overseas for SC/ST Scholarships under the government of Karnataka. The scholarship is for the students who wish to pursue higher education from abroad. This scholarship provides 100% financial assistance to the students who want to pursue a PG or Ph.D. course.
What are the rewards given under this scholarship?
1) Total tuition fee as applicable
2) Annual maintenance allowance against accommodation and food up to Rs 6 lakhs or 75% fees whichever is lowest for each year course
3) Benefits for books, study tour, medical insurance and much more up to 75,000 for the whole course
4) Airfare from India to the nearest place of the institution
5) Original Visa cost
What are the eligibility criteria needed for this scholarship?
1) Candidates must belong to SC/ST community
2) Applicants should be the domicile of Karnataka
3) Candidates carrying admission letter for post-graduation or above of world’s top 200 universities
4) The field of study should be in streams like Engineering and Management, Pure Sciences and Applied Agriculture sciences and medicine, international commerce, accounting finance, humanities, social science & Law, any other symposia /workshop/seminar
5) An applicant should score 60% marks or equivalent grade in the last qualifying examination
6) The age of the students should be less than 35 years
What are the steps to apply for the scholarship?
1) Firstly click on the given link for the registration process
2) Please select Yes/No to continue
3) Students must read all the instruction carefully before going to the next page
4) Now you need to enter your Aadhaar details
5) Next, fill up all the necessary information and upload all the documents to complete the application process
What is the Selection procedure for getting this scholarship?
Shortlisting candidates will be selected through an Interview