An air force is the crucial and most crucial part of any army for any country. More importantly, fighter jets are necessary for every country to keep their airspace secure and also keep their positions as a strong force in the world.
Currently, fifth-generation jet fighters are the most advanced fighter jets nowadays. It has the following characteristics given below:
1) All aspect stealth when armed
2) Low-probability-of-intercept-radar, meaning it can avoid radar detection
3) High-performance airframes
4) Advanced avionics
5) Highly integrated computer systems capable of connecting to other methods for situational awareness
On the base of these points let us discuss the top 10 most advanced jet fighters in the world at present
1) Dassault Rafale: This fighter jet is developed by the French company Dassault is a multirole fighter. To reduce cost France agrees to enter an agreement with other European countries. France decided to build its fighter- the Rafale. This fighter jet first came into service in the year of 2001. Since it has been regarded as one of the best military aircraft in the world
2) McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle: It was developed by McDonnell Douglas and later by Boeing. The F-15 is still produced, but Boeing is set to end the production of F-15 in 2022. F-15 is still considered as a skillful fighter in the air. It is operated by four countries Israel, Japan, Saudi Arabia, and the United States.
3) JF-17 Thunder: The JF-17 is a multirole combat aircraft developed by a collaboration of China and Pakistan to provide a cheap and modern alternative for Pakistani Air Force. After that, the JF-17 has become the backbone of the PAF.
4) HAL Tejas Fighter Jet: It is an Indian fighter jet that replaces the MiG-21, which the Indian Air Force has been using since 1964. After the production of the fourth generation, Indian jet fighter struggled to obtain an Operational clearance
5) Eurofighter Typhoon: Out of all the fighter jets the story of Typhoon is the most interesting one. A joint operation of Airbus, BAE Systems and Leonardo, an Italian company, developed the Typhoon. After many developments, it started the first official test in the year of 1994
6) Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor: It is the first fifth-generation fighter jet in the world. The F-22 Raptor entered service in the year of 2005. The United States government canceled the Raptor in 2011. Even though it was the critical part of the United States Air Force. The F-22 was a pioneer. It was the first fighter jet to combine supercruise, supermaneuverability, stealth and sensor fusion.
7) Mitsubishi X-2 Shinshin: It is not a fighter jet itself, the Japanese are using the X-2 as a testbed for other fighter jet technologies. The first Shinshin flight took off in 2016. The X-2 is a predecessor to the F-3, a sixth-generation fighter jet. The Japanese are going to produce the F-3 from 2027
8) Shenyang FC-31: FC-31 or J-31 is the second fifth-generation fighter jet that is going to be introduced into the Chinese Air Force. The Chengdu J-20 is a very capable fighter jet.
9) Chengdu J-20: The best Chinese fighter jet the J-20 in 2017. After more than 20 years of development, it first flew in the year of 2011. In spite of some issues arose after production the Chengdu J-20 is the first fifth-generation fighter jet in Asia
10) Sukhoi Su-57: Sukhoi Company developed it. The Su-57 is going to become the most technologically advanced Russian fighter jet. It is the first fighter which covers all the features of fifth-generation. Comparing to F-35 the Su-57 only an estimated $ 10 billion to research, develop and prepare for production